2010 was definitely a full year. It really started out on a rough note. On January 1, I was six days past my due date and knew I still had four more days to be pregnant. Kevin was still having a lot of problems with his stomach and had not gotten any answers yet, so he was pretty much in a constant state of pain and not being able to eat. My mom had fallen a few days earlier (while holding Cassie and being at home by herself with Katie and Cassie). She messed her knee up very bad and we knew that she was going to be in surgery at the exact same time I was being induced. Things were pretty bleak for us at that point.
Nonetheless, we made it to January 5th and our beautiful baby boy was here. My mom came through her surgery ok, she just knew she had a long recovery ahead of her.
Things were looking better (Kevin finally had an appointment with a GI Doctor) until less than 24 hours later when Conner had to be admitted to the NICU. After many tests and them not able to figure out what was causing his fever, he was finally diagnosed after several days with pneumonia.
This is the only picture I have of him from the NICU. I wish I had taken more just to have it documented, but just couldn't bring myself to do it at the time. I guess I was focused on more important things. :) You can barely see the IV in his head. :(
After spending 11 days in the NICU, he was finally able to come home. Kevin had had an endoscopy done and was finally on a medication regimen that was helping him. Things were finally starting to look up!
Going home!! (After looking so big in those first pictures, he looks so small to me here.)











1 comment:
LOVE it Courtney! Great video and great post :)
Post a Comment