Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 8, 2009

The Joys of Motherhood

I really do love being a mother, but there are some things you should be told before having children. Like the fact that you will have days like I have had today....

I am warning you now that if you just ate something, you might want to come back and read this post later. If you have a really weak stomach, I probably wouldn't read it at all.

You have been warned!!!


The girls and I decided to make a quick run to Target today to pick up a few things I still needed for our beach trip. On the way out the door, Cassie spit up on her shorts and my shirt. She still had a bib on from taking a bottle, so I was able to quickly wipe it off of us with really no trace of it on our clothes. On to Target we go.

As we get closer to Target, I realize that I smell a dirty diaper. Of course I think this is no big deal and we can change her in the Target bathroom before shopping. When we get there and I get her out of the car seat, I notice she has left a "present" on the car seat. I start to turn her to look at her backside and feel something warm on my arm. There were more presents smeared on her leg and my arm. I open the back of the car to attempt to carefully change her clothes without making a bigger mess and I was laying her down, her leg swiped my shirt and left a nice big brown stain. At this point, I knew we needed to just go home. Especially since I opened the diaper bag and realized I did not have a change of clothes, so poor Cassie had to ride home in just a diaper.

We finally make it back home and as I am getting Katie out of the car seat, I notice she feels very warm. We get inside and I cannot get her to eat or drink anything, which for those who know Katie know that this is very unusual. According to the thermometer, her temperature was 101.2 and all she wanted to do was lay on the couch. Finally, she got up to go to the potty, and all of a sudden, it happened. She got sick and it went EVERYwhere. I'll spare all the details, but it was all this pregnant woman could do not to throw up herself!!

Luckily, everyone is cleaned up now. Katie is eating a popsicle with no more fever and seems to have life again, which is a good thing since we leave for vacation in 2 days!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From one mom to another, I feel your pain! We've all had those days, and one day...about 20 years from now, I think we'll look back and laugh! I think... :)